Sunday, November 09, 2008

Heroes Has Gotten Weird

It's official. Heroes has taken so many weird turns this season that some of its fans are starting fall of the train.

I was talking about this over drinks with a friend of mine; wondering what the folks at NBC should do about this. In my alcohol-induced brilliance, I came to the perfect thing that would cause the show's rating to sore to never before seen heights.

All they need is to work a jello-wrestling match into an episode or two; one between Kristen Bell and Hayden Panettiere. It doesn't even matter why those two characters would wrestle in jello. All that matters is that they do it.

Now, I know that there will be some skeptics who will simply say that a) I'm a pervert and b) that no one really wants to see jello wrestling blonde beauties on the show.

I have no rebuttal to the first part of that response. Some truths are simply self-evident.

However, I have to say that there is a growing demand to see Kristen Bell and Hayden Panettiere wrestle in jello. To illustrate my point, I respectfully submit a few key finds - all provided courtesy of "the Google" as our out-going (but not fast enough) President likes to say.
  • When it was first announced that Kristen Bell was going to join Heroes back in August of last year, one of my fellow television bloggers practically demanded a jello wrestling match between her and Hayden Panettiere in order to settle the eternal question of which one of them was hotter.
  • In July of last year, the folks over at News Toob were inspired to write a poem about Kristen Bell wrestling in jello.
There have even various on-line discussions about who Kristen Bell could take in a jello wrestling match, such as Kristen Bell vs. Brianna Lynn Brown. (It's advantage: Kristen, by the way.)

So, there you have it.

To everyone at NBC:

Your fans are demanding it. Please write a jello wrestling match between Kristen Bell and Hayden Panettiere into an up-coming episode of Heroes.

Your ratings will thank you.

P.S. If you're not sure how to work a jello wrestling match into one of your scripts, please feel to call me. I'm available to replace any of the writers that you've fired.

No comments: