Bar Math

Ouch! I can't believe that it's been over a month since I've posted anything. Oh, well - if it's actually some consolation to me that hardly anyone reads these things except me.

Anyway, I had a meeting the other some folks from the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Preservation Wayne and a couple of other groups. One of those big ol' strategy meetings.

After it, a few of us headed over to the Motor City Brewing Works for a few drinks.

I walked in with $20. I bought a few drinks for my companions and myself.

A couple of people offered to hand me cash. I inititally resisted, feeling generous for once in my life.

We kept drinking. They eventually insisted on handing me cash. At the end of the evening, one guy even left a few bucks on the table (specifically saying that it was for me and not as a tip for the wait staff) and walked away.

At the end of the night, I had $23 in my pocket.

Notice the bar math? I bought a few drinks and somehow I ended up with $3 more than when I started.

I should go out drinking with these folks more often. I have credit cards and student loans to pay off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

From my spam folder

Men's guide to buying lingerie for Valentine's Day