Recycle the Arts

I was at the Russell Industrial Center over the weekend. For those readers who aren't from the Detroit area, RIC is a huge (more than 1 million square feet) former auto parts factory parts factory that now provides studio space to roughly 150 artists and houses a multitude of other small businesses.

Recycle the Arts
Anyway, I was in the studios of one of those artists, when I saw the door at right.

Yes, someone has finally built an artist recycler!

And I'm so glad that they did.

If there's one thing that I simply cannot stand, it's the sight of artists being hauled off to a landfill. I'm fine with stockbrokers, lawyers, and BP executives going into a landfill - but, please - not the artists, too.

It just isn't right.

I'm not sure exactly how an artist recycler works. However, I'm fairly confident that it involves lots of coffee, a decent amount of cheap beer, and an NEA grant application.

Comments

Wonder if they have a teacher recycler?
Frank Nemecek said…
LOL! If not, someone will have to build one.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

From my spam folder

Men's guide to buying lingerie for Valentine's Day