Dang, it's been almost an entire month since I've had a chance to post anything in this blog. I've been super busy -- getting ready to film my documentary, dealing with my Mom going into the hospital (she'll be fine), fighting to preserve a historice building that the City wants to tear down and, of course, work.

There've been a few times where I thought of something that I wanted to post about, but, I didn't have a computer handy at the time. (Yes, I know -- I need to get a laptop).

Anyway, I've got a moment now -- but nothing overwhelming to talk about. As a result, this is going to be Random Thought Day. A collection of a few thoughts that popped into my head when I didn't have a chance to post. None of this is connected by anything other than the fact that it's what I think about when I try to remember some of the posts that I wanted to make over the past month.

Every now and then, I think about moving out of Detroit. Chicago is one of the locales that I think about moving to (mainly because they have a vibrant downtown) and I was there in the past month. While driving home, I saw a sign that I thought read IDIOT CONSTRUCTION AHEAD.

"What?," I thought, "y'all are not only making more idiots but you're advertising this fact?!?"

A moment later I realized that the sign actually read IDOT CONSTRUCTION AHEAD. IDOT. As in, Illinois Department of Transportation.

I'm not sure if the is a reason for me to move to Chicago or a reason for me to not move there. One hand, it does make for an easy joke. But on the other, it's a joke that so easy I'd probably feel guilty for using it.

I've also noticed a lot of people who are "pimping out" their cars these days. In my opinion, this is a great idea if you're a pimp and you deliver your hookers is said car. The whole thing makes it easier for johns (and the police) to find you. For everyone else, though, the whole concept just seems damn tacky.

Finally, while working at the Michigan State Fair, my friend/co-worker Augie and came up with a few of our own awards. Biggest Bootie on a White Girl (Under 200 lbs.). Tackiest Outfit. Things like that.

We also came to the conclusion that if a woman weighs more that 250 lbs. then there really out to be a law prohibiting her from leaving the house without a bra on. I actually tried pitching this idea to one of the state reps who came by. He just rolled his eyes and walked away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV