Bar Math

Ouch! I can't believe that it's been over a month since I've posted anything. Oh, well - if it's actually some consolation to me that hardly anyone reads these things except me.

Anyway, I had a meeting the other some folks from the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Preservation Wayne and a couple of other groups. One of those big ol' strategy meetings.

After it, a few of us headed over to the Motor City Brewing Works for a few drinks.

I walked in with $20. I bought a few drinks for my companions and myself.

A couple of people offered to hand me cash. I inititally resisted, feeling generous for once in my life.

We kept drinking. They eventually insisted on handing me cash. At the end of the evening, one guy even left a few bucks on the table (specifically saying that it was for me and not as a tip for the wait staff) and walked away.

At the end of the night, I had $23 in my pocket.

Notice the bar math? I bought a few drinks and somehow I ended up with $3 more than when I started.

I should go out drinking with these folks more often. I have credit cards and student loans to pay off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero