Oh, what a week (again)

Dang, the past ten days or so have been beyond belief.

Super Bowl XL was amazing. I'm thrilled that it went off without any serious hitches - beyond that one shooting that everyone seems to have already forgotten about and, of course, the nightmare that was the shuttle service.

I was in downtown Detroit as the crews were setting up for Super Bowl and the Motown Winter Blast. It was so cool - yet so surreal - to see all of that happening in the middle of Woodward Avenue.

Of course, the highlight for me for all things Super Bowl XL related was being on the field during the half time show. Me and the Rolling Stones.

And thousands and thousands of fans.

I felt kind of bad that they didn't allow any cameras onto the field. Standing on that field and just looking at all of that was happening around was amazing.

Totally beyond belief.

The only thing that could possibly top it was on Tuesday, when my documentary on the Book-Cadillac Hotel had its public premiere. The only thing better than being there with the Rolling Stones and the hundreds of thousands of football fans was being there with 197 people who paid their hard-earned money to come see my movie.

And all of them seemed to have enjoyed the experience.

After a week like this, I've needed a few days to recover. This, of course, is why it's taken me this long to write a blog entry about it all.

Comments

Liza said…
Congrats on being part of such an amazing week and your movie premiere! Sorry I couldn't be there, but through the wonders of blog, it's almost as though I virtually was there. Anyway, enjoy your well-earned rest.

^_^

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV