Life in 2006

My friend, Jessica Marie Jones, sent this one to me via email. I laughed so hard that I knew I had to repost it here - along with my editorial comments in blue.

Life in 2006

#1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave. (Okay, I haven't done this one but I can imagine myself doing it if I was tired enough.)

#2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years. (Bingo!)

#3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers for your family of 3. (Nah, most of my family now has their cell phone as their only phone number.)

#4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you. (Been there, done that.)

#5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses. (Guilty as charged.)

#6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries. (Yeppers. Cell phones have replaced honking the car horn.)

#7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

#8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have for the first 20 or 30 years in your life, is now cause for panic and you turn around to go get it. (So true.)

#10. You get up in the morning and go on-line before getting your coffee. (No, I grab a can of Coke from the fridge on my way to the computer. Coffee is so 20th century, in my opinion.)

#11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

#12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

#13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

#14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

#15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list. (Okay, Jess - you got me on that one!)

AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.

Comments

Frank Nemecek said…
Yes, humans are way too predictable at times. That's why I'm handing over control of my life to my dog - as soon as I get around to getting a dog that is.
THE PROFESSOR said…
Interesting take on modern life. The first thing my wife does is check her email and blog for comments. Now she's got me hooked and I'm a old burned out baby boomer.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero