New Orleans Dreaming

As I watch coverage of the almost never-ending misery in New Orleans, my keeps wondering back to the Big Easy and nearby Mississippi.

I think about my trip to New Orleans in 1995. I remember my flight down there being diverted through Houston because of a hurricane. I also remember driving along the highway in Louisiana, seeing signs along the side of the road marked "Hurricane Evacuation Route."

I think about Stacey Breaux who, even though we never met face-to-face, was kind enough to design my production company's web site. There's a note on her site that it will be back soon with new images. That note was put up before the hurricane hit. I hope the site, and more importantly her, are indeed back soon.

I realize that it's odd to think about someone and their web site interchangeably. Almost cold and callous, I admit. I suppose it's what happens when you mostly know someone from email.

Life in the 21st century, I suppose.

I also think about a guy I met at a barbarque a couple of months ago, who lives in the Garden District of New Orleans. I ask around, but no one has heard from him.

I think about Tiffany Boyte from Clinton, Mississippi. She's another one of the folks that I know primary from my on-line life. Still, I know her well enough to say that she has an amazing amount of talent and a bright future ahead of her.

I think about everyone from HRI in New Orleans; having worked with them to try saving the former Statler Hilton Hotel in Detroit.

These are the people I know that have had their life ripped apart by Hurricane Katrina. I haven't been able to talk with any of them and probably won't be able to quite some time. I miss them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero