Dwelling on "Dwell"

I was having lunch with a pair of friends last Friday when I rather disburbing thought ocurred to me.

I got to the restaurant a little before them and was passing the time by leafing through a recent issue of Dwell. I realized that I've reached that point in my life where a magazine about homes and home furnishings excites me almost as much as Playboy does.

I mean, it's a different kind of excitement, of course. But still...

Oh, and I've also realised that I get a similar thrill by walking through my local Home Depot that I do walking through my local titty bar. Of course, the really, really weird part - the part that I never thought I'd ever say is that I actually prefer hitting the titty bar because a trip there usually isn't as expensive as one to Home Depot.

*sigh*

Really, people. What does all of this say about me?

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments

Liza said…
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, baby.

Food, warmth and shelter are the basics that need to be met before you can move on to other, higher level needs. The Toy Chest is a pretty obvious connection to food and warmth, and Home Depot makes you feel like you could build a house with your own two hands.

LOL - it also means you're fairly normal. For you, that is. Which is pretty darn ok!
Frank Nemecek said…
Oh, no!!!

I've been officially dubbed "fairly normal" by someone with serious professional creditials.

Damn that Maslow guy and his hierarchy of needs.
Liza said…
Well, I did say, "for you," which in relation to other people, may be a standard deviation or two off the chart.

Plus, I have retired to more of an armchair psycholoy. Much more fun that way.

And hey, the next time someone asks you why you might be acting strange, you can just say you are regressing in order to meet your more basic needs. Oh, and be sure to smile. Throws 'em off.

^_^
darling said…
Im glad you added 'its a different kind of excitement' and you know where it hits your pocketbook the most.

You are a manly man ;)
darling said…
*smile* the lesser of two evils. Mu hu ha ha haaa LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero