With the help of some friends on Facebook, I managed to create at least the first draft of my bucket list. I will invariably add a few things to this as the years go on. However, I figured it was time to at least start one.
Therefore, in no particular order, here are the items on my bucket list.
- Drive Route 66 from beginning to end;
- Visit Prague;
- Visit a random city and take a walk that only ends once I've taken a picture of every letter of the alphabet;
- Attend the Pierogi Festival in Whitting, Indiana;
- Visit the American Gothic House in Eldon, Iowa. This, by the way, is the house that Grant Wood posed his models in front of in his famous painting, American Gothic.
- Go to Chicago and re-enact Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Visit the Dockery Plantation in Cleveland, Mississippi, which is where legend says Robert Johnson sold his soul to become a Blues man;
- Hike a volcano;
- Go to Burning Man;
- Buy a Cadillac and put a Dead Head sticker on the back of it;
- Drive the 101; and
- Stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.