Detroit Graphics Expo

One of my brothers, Mark, had an entry in this year's Graphic Design Expo - which was presented by Create Detroit. The expo itself was this past Friday (eeck! it's taken me a full week to write a blog entry about it).


One of the things that I really liked about my brother's poster (above) is that it was the only one to incorporate Detroit's riverfront into the design. The river is, after all, one of Detroit's greatest assets.

As far as the expo itself goes, 50 different graphic designers from around town were challenged to create a piece of positive propaganda for Detroit in advance of Super Bowl XL. Some of their work was truly amazing - funny and really positive. There were also a couple just made me go, "huh?" - but that's cool. I think you need a broad spectrum of work in order to make for a sucessful event.

It was held in lobby of the Fisher Building - one of the coolest buildings around, in my opinion. The event was so incredibly cool - with so many people that I know from Detroit Synergy or Thought Collide showing up.


All of the posters from the event will go on sale soon. Proceeds from the sale will benefit Create Detroit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero