Misc. Toronto

There were a couple of things on my trip to Toronto that simply cracked me up. So much so that I felt compelled to photograph them and share them with the entire world - or at least that portion of the world that reads this blog.I love the name of this store. They tell me that there's more them around. God, I wish we had one in Detroit.

It would make much more sense for us to have one, seeing as how Detroit used to be a French territory. Toronto, however, was never a part of France.

I don't care what they actually sell. I just want to be able to point to a store in downtown Detroit that has a sign saying, "fcuk." I don't really ask for that much, do I?

I know. I know. Simple pleasures for simple minds.

I also got a kick out of this recycling container. It criticises global warming, encourages you to recycle and has an adorable polar bear on it.Ya can't ask for much more than that.

I also like it because, since it's a recycling container, there will be that much less of this coming to a Michigan landfill.

By the way, one other miscellanous note about my experience in Toronto.

While we were waiting for the festivities to kick off, Dave and I started talking to whoever happened to be standing near us. One of those folks was a group of three teenagers - 1 girl and 2 boys.

As we were talking, I noticed that the girl had ear rings shaped like hand cuffs. I made some comment about them and she soon divulged that her nickname in high school is "Miss Kinky."

For the record, if I ever have a 15-year old daughter and I find out that her nickname is "Miss Kinky", she will be promptly locked up in a convent. Say whatever you want about me, that's what's going to happen.

Comments

Liza said…
LOL - FCUK is a fragrance and clothing line. "French Connection United Kingdom"

I almost always get compliments on the perfume when I wear it (one girl actually told me I smelled "hot" - that was a good day). What was great was that I got a messanger bag with the FCUK logo in the bottom right corner. And I used it as my purse for work. Just another tiny little rebellion.

^_^
Frank Nemecek said…
Oh, I know exactly what FCUK stands for. It's just funny as all heck, in my opinion.
Liza said…
Gotta love selective, innuendo-laced dyslexia...

^_^

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero