Neglected Toronto

My God, have I ever been neglectful of my blog! So, much has happened in the past couple of weeks that never got posted.

Oh, well. I won't go into every detail about my trip to Toronto. I had once thought about chronicling all of the highlights in a series of posts, but two weeks later there doesn't seem like much of a point in that much.

Anyway, my friend Dave Baschal and I went to Toronto for New Year's. It seemed much more interesting than anything that was going on in Detroit that day.

We were there for three days and had a blast. The bars and nightlife in Toronto are top-notch. I hate to say this, but they're better than Detroit and pretty much make you forget about Chicago. (It's clearer, the folks are more polite, there's less crime, transit is better and American money goes 15% farther, which pretty much makes up for the higher taxes).

They also have some really interest shopping. Plus, there's a lot of stuff in downtown Toronto that's connected via an underground network of passageways so you don't have to go outside to brave the cold Canadian weather. (Okay, the "cold Canadian weather" is a lot like the cold Michigan weather, but you get my point).

All in all, Toronto was a great time. I look forward to visiting there again sometime soon.

New Year's Eve itself was kind of interesting. Dave and I decided to head down to whatever they call the big public square by Toronto City Hall (I knew the name of the place a couple of weeks ago, but have since forgotten it).

There's nothing like spending New Year's Eve with 40, 000 of your closest friends. They had performances by some local bands. Fireworks, balloons and confetti welcomed in 2006. It was a fun evening.My favorite part, though, was the escape artist who locked himself into a steel vault and then had his two assistants set said vault on fire.

Scary Mike, these photos are for you. Enjoy, mi amigo!

Mmm.... Fire.

I probably would've gone for even bigger flames, myself. However, I heard that Canada has very strict laws against the use of napalm for recreational or entertainment use.

Michigan has the same problem. I'll have to find a way around that one.


Fear not, though. Mr. Canadian Escape Artist did indeed make it out of the steel vault safe and sound.

A very good show, in my humble opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero