Toronto Labor Monument

Okay - one more post about my trip to Toronto and then I'll shut up about it. I promise.


One of the things that I saw in Toronto was a monument to Canadian workers who had died on the job over the past centure. There are 100 plaques on this wall. Each of them represents a Canadian worker who died; one of them represents all of the workers who died that year.

This plaque in particular struck me. First, cause I happened by the monument on the anniversay of this gentleman's death. Second, he died from asbestos - the same thing that killed my Dad. Finally, there's the fact that his given name was Frank - just like my Dad and I.

It strange how I can feel a connection to a complete stranger, who was lived in a foreign country and who died before I even got out of diapers.

R.I.P. Frank Sypher.

Comments

Stephen Boyle said…
Frank ... you turned a sidewalk into a wall? Photo is rotated, or you had fun pasting the wall into a street-scene.
Frank Nemecek said…
Actually, the wall is very low one - only a couple of feet tall, with plaques on the top of it and it runs paralel to the street. This why that one photo looks like the wall part of the sidewalk.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero