Now Appearing in HOUR Detroit

My latest literary masterpiece is now available in the December issue of HOUR Detroit magazine (page 86, to be precise). It is an article on the historic Book-Cadillac Hotel in downtown Detroit and why the place is so cool.

My article appears with a set of amazing photographs by Roy Ritchie. He took some very cool fashion shots that contrasted nicely with the Book-Cadillac in its current, raw and undeveloped state.

The issue officially doesn't appear on bookshelves until Friday, December 1. However, a few bookstores around town already have it out.

I will be at Shop Detroit 3 this Saturday. I'll be happy to autograph copies of the article for anyone. :-)

Oh, and speaking of the Book-Cadillac Hotel, my friend Liza Lagman-Sperl sent me a photograph that she took the other day. This is a billboard along I-75 in Detroit that advertises condominiums in the Book-Cadillac being for sale.

This is a very, very cool thing!

That sign is the result of a whole of effort by numerous people over the past few years. My documentary was just a very tiny part of the whole thing.

Now if someone would just send me a half million or so dollars, I could actually buy one of those condos.

Oh, well - at least the folks who are buying those condos have given me a standing invitation to visit them.

Believe me - I will accept those invitations.

Frequently.

Comments

darling said…
:) Can you bring guests? LOL

Thats great to hear about the article. YAY!

Now will you be bringing food when you take them up on their invite? :) lol
Frank Nemecek said…
Actually, I usually bring booze when I accept an invitation like that.

Oh, and I'm sure they won't have a problem with me bringing a guest.
darling said…
:) booze works much better!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero