This just cracks me up

One of my friends, Jessica Jones, is constantly sending around jokes via email. The one that she sent me yesterday is my personal all-time favorite.
Three rural ministers met for lunch and naturally talked shop. One complained about his church's squirrel infestation. "They bother the congregation coming in, they chatter in the attic, they even gnawed through the insulation and ruined our sound system. But what can I do? They are God's creatures."

The second minister had the same problem. "They moved around the rafters during services and distract the congregation. My congregation gathered them up, drove them far away, and released them deep in the woods, but they were back within weeks. But, you're right: they are God's creatures."

The third minister said, "My church has also been afflicted with squirrels, but we found the perfect solution." The other two listened attentively. "We baptized them and made them full members of the church. Now we only see them on Christmas and Easter!"
I think the reason why I love that joke so much is that I've been working with the Michigan Historic Preservation Network and a group out of Philadephia called Partners for Sacred Places to create a training video on how to preserve historic houses of worship. There are three ministers that I've met through that who I can totally imagine having that conversation. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero