A Tale of Three Women

This afternoon started out with me headed to a simple lunch date with one of my friends, Amanda. We discovered, much to our dismay, that Jacoby's Bistro was closed for renovations so we instead grabbed a couple of sandwiches at Au Bon Pain and found a table in Campus Martius Park.

Our lunch went along much as expected - good conversation, good food, delightful atmosphere.

The odd thing was that, at almost the exact moment that Amanda had to get back to work, another woman came walking up to me. It was Jodie, who recently returned for Liverpool. My meeting for this afternoon was already canceled, leaving me with a bit of time on my hands, so I said good-bye to Amanda and sat down with Jodie.

We talked some more about all of the things that happened while she was in the U.K. and a little bit about life in the D. Eventually, though, she had to head back to her office as well.

I started to head back to my car when my phone rang. It was my friend Tom, who is in town from Las Vegas. As I was talking with him, I noticed that there was another friend of mine also sitting in the park having lunch by herself.

It was Kim. We talked for a few minutes about the house that she and her husband are rehabbing in Indian Village and life in general. After that, we each had to get going.

It was weird, though. I started my day with one lunch date and I ended up with three - all back to back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero