D Tales, D Tales

Detroit has a new gossip blog - D Tales - one that is surely destined to put Gawker, Wonkette and the others to shame. The new blog is complete with details about who is dating who (or no longer dating), what happened at the coolest of parties and who should simply be thrown in front of a bus.

I wasn't thrilled with its repeated slamming of Detroit Synergy and my blood pressure went up when the author made a passing jab at the Girl-in-the-D. However, the fact of the matter is that great writing is still great writing.

Full Disclosure: For anyone who doesn't know it, I'm on the Steering Team for Detroit Synergy. As for the Girl-in-the-D, she and her husband have been friends of mine for years. In that regard, I'm more than a bit defensive when it comes to things like this.

Still, I've learned to take all of this in stride.

However, I do have my limits. If D Tales ever starts talking trash about one of John Hodgman's favorite photographers then I will have to hurt someone.

Comments

Liza said…
LOL, thanks Frank! But, I am quite certain that a smack attack won't be forthcoming, unless baking Christmas cookies, going to work, taking pictures, letting the dogs in and out, and generally living a domesticated life causes a scandal somewhere.

Thanks for the shout-outs though, I am chuffed and flattered!

^_^

PS - For an excellent definition of the term "chuffed," try this link: The English to American Dictionary
Frank said…
Liza,

If there is anyone in this town who can make baking Christmas cookies a gossip worthy event, it's you.

BTW - thanks for the link. It's nice to know what those crazy Brits are talking about.

Love & laughter,
Frank

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero