Week In Review

It's been almost two weeks since I've had a meaningful post over here. Life has been a little on the hectic side.

At work, I've spent most of the past two weeks trying to collect from various clients for work that I've already done. For that irony upon irony factor, one of the firms that I'm trying to collect from is a collection agency that owes me $400 and is almost three months late in paying.

(I'll pause of a moment so everyone can ponder the irony of calling a collection agency every couple of days, looking for the payment that they have been promising.)

Anyway, I really needed to blow off some steam. Last Wednesday, I went to one of the bars near me and managed to rack up a $92.50 bar tab. That's rather impressive since the bars in my neighborhood tend to be on the cheap side.

On Thursday morning, I had some unexpected cash fall into my lap. It wasn't anything from my clients, it was just one of the those "pennies from heaven" things that almost paid off the bar tab that I racked up the night before.

In fact, when I looked at my receipt, I realized that this unexpected cash paid for everything expect for the shots of Patron Silver that I vaguely recall buying for this woman with an Albanian flag tattoo. (More on this below.)

I blew off the Detroit Synergy meeting on Thursday evening to go see Gaelic Storm at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. I actually felt a little bad about blowing off the meeting since I'm on their Steering Team. However, I figure after passing up on tickets to the Stanley Cup playoffs last year, I was due.

Besides, I managed to get close enough to Gaelic Storm to smell the whiskey and Guinness on them. Granted, with a band like Gaelic Storm, that really isn't saying a lot, but it was still an amazing concert. The music was awesome. Some of the best stuff I've heard in a long time.

And the guys at Gaelic Storm manage to weave in enough comedy into their act that I was doubled over with laughter on more than one occasion.

I can't wait until they come through town again.

Not much happened on Friday, except for watching television and generally recovering from the past two days. (My liver was begging for mercy.)

I went out to the bars of Corktown with Nicole on Saturday evening. I told her the story of my exploits the previous Wednesday. We came to the conclusion that the reason why things worked out the way they did was because:
  • I have good bar karma from buying shots for various people who were having bad days, therefore God paid most of my bar tab; and
  • God doesn't like Patron, therefore He didn't pay that portion of my bar tab.
The phrase "God doesn't like Patron" kept echoing in my head for the rest of the evening. I'm tempted, in fact, to send Pope Benedict XVI a note to let him know about this one.

I won't give into this temptation, though. For some reason, this Pope doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would immediately recognize the clear connection between tequila and theology.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I had to work on Sunday. This meant that I missed the entire St. Patrick's Day Parade in Corktown. Luckily, one of my favorite bloggers had the event covered.

Anyway, for the better or worse, this has been my life for the past few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero