Dreaming of Monday

I'm a bit like Garfield the Cat in that Mondays have never really been my favorite day of the week. Today, however, I find myself dreaming of this coming Monday.

At long last, the historic Book-Cadillac Hotel will have a "soft" re-opening this coming Monday. There won't be any great fanfare. They're still working on the place. However, ordinary folks like me will be able to walk through the place once again.

I have been looking forward to this day for more than 5 years now. I was too young to understand its significance when the hotel closed in 1984. However, when I started doing a documentary on the place in 2003, I inadvertently embarked on a journey that has made me much of what I am today.

I look forward to walking into the hotel and just looking around. It's all the sense of closure that I've wanted for a couple of years now.

My only regret is that my Dad is no longer with us. He would have loved to walk through that place with me. In a way, though, I'm sure he's already there waiting for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero