Oh, What A Week

This past week has been insane for me. There have been so many things that I really meant to blog about, but I simply haven't had a chance to sit down and recount them all.

I mean, I did manage to find a chance to blog about the $5 million bra, but come on. I'm a guy. How could I not blog about that?

Anyway, before my schedule blows up on my again, here is a recap of the past week.

Thursday, October 16
The interesting portion of my day started at 10:30 a.m. That was when I arrived at the Westin Book Cadillac Hotel for an interview with Detroit Today on WDET. It was another chance for me to talk about how much I love that hotel and how I think it will be the catalyst for great things in downtown Detroit.

This, of course, was the third time that I had been on Detroit Today in the past year. Strangely enough, this was also the year that they won "Best Local Radio Talk Show" in the Metro Times Readers' Poll.

Is this purely a coincidence?

Well, of course it is.

But I've seen too many episodes of The Colbert Report to allow this opportunity to pass by. Therefore, in the spirit of Stephen Colbert himself, I will officially proclaim that Craig Fahle and the crew at WDET are simply riding my coat tails

When the interview was over, I got a chance to meet Michael Symon of Iron Chef fame and to take a look at his new menu for his restaurant in the Book Cadillac, Roast. One of the things that I noticed about his menu was that he avoids flowery, overly descriptive names for his dishes. He simply calls them things like "rib eye".

His emphasis, of course, is on the quality and artistry of his cooking; not the novelty of a name. Meeting him made me hungry.

Since his restaurant wasn't open yet, I left the hotel and headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe. Their food, of course, isn't even close to being on par with anything that Mr. Symon would produce.

However, Hard Rock does have one thing that no other place around has - Katrina the Kick Ass Bartender. In my book, there's alcohol and then there's alcohol that's served by Katrina the Kick Ass Bartender.

But I digress.

Anyway, after that, it was back to the office to discover that my check from Nike arrived. I did a shoot for them a couple of weeks ago and it's always a good day in Freelancer World when a check shows up.

After that, the rest of my day was spent with spreadsheets until it was time to go the Infrastructure meeting that the Michigan Production Alliance hosted at Stage 3 in Warren.

Friday, October 17
My day started with a meeting at 8 a.m. and didn't stop until close to 9 p.m. Lots and lots of meetings in between.

Saturday, October 18
My morning was spent with spreadsheets.

In the afternoon, I went to the World Famous Detoberfest on Belle Isle. A large group of people are given a simple mission: to bring a beer that no one has ever heard of before. Lots and lots of sampling and sharing occurred. I still have empty beer bottles rattling around in my trunk.

I don't remember what happened after that.

Sunday, October 19
I probably should have gone to church and then done some blogging after that. However, I did neither. Instead, I spent most of the day on my couch.

Monday, October 20
114 emails sent or received. 31 phone calls. 2 meetings. 1 head that felt like it was going to explode.

I followed this up with a board meeting for my neighborhood association in the evening. (Yeah, me.)

Tuesday, October 21
More emails and phone calls that I really want to count. I spent enough time with spread sheets that I'm actually starting to dream about Microsoft Excel. Finding that reference to a $5 million bra was the social highlight of my day.

Welcome to my life. It's a sad and scary place at times.

Wednesday, October 22
I got break from emails, phone calls and spreadsheets. Sort of.

Wednesday was the day of meetings. The highlight of my day consisted of bumping into my county commissioner at Qdoba Mexican Grille when I stopped in for a quick lunch.

Thursday, October 23
Phone calls, emails and spreadsheets. I got a "break" from all of that when I went to see my doctor around 11.

It's sad, though, when a doctor's appointment constitutes a "break".

After all of that, it was a Steering Team meeting with the crew from Detroit Synergy. This, of course, was followed by another visit to Hard Rock.

They had some band playing that was okay when they did covers of other bands. Not so thrilling when they played "original" material. The good news, though, is that they still had Katrina the Kick Ass Bartender.

And now the entire world knows why I haven't blogged much in the past week. Welcome to my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero