Random Thought #419

I've noticed several things over my years on this planet. One of them is that first person to stab you in the back or steal from you is usually the person who tells you repeatedly how honest he or she is.

Truly honest people, at least in my personal experience, simply live up to their commitments and lead an honest life. They never feel a need to tell anyone how trustworthy they are.

I came to this conclusion several years ago, after dealing with a certain former employer of mine who - I later discovered - was running a narcotics and prostitution ring on the side. I've been thinking about it a lot as of late while listening to a certain politician tell me for the eighth time in two years just how trustworthy he is, even though he hasn't kept most of his campaign promises.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero