Bohemian? Please

There's an article on WikiHow.com that offers guidance on how one can be "Bohemian."

"Oh, really?" I thought when I stumbled upon this.

I have to admit that I split on this one. My paternal grandparents came to this country from Bohemia, which is the western most province in what is today the Czech Republic. I have to admit that there is a portion of me that is mildly irritated by hipsters grabbing onto my heritage.

However, if this is something that gets folks to read books that they might not otherwise read, listen to music that they might not otherwise listen, and generally broaden their creative horizons then I'm fairly confident that Grandma and Grandpa Nemecek would happy about it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero