My Personal Definition of Irony

The folks at Merriam- Webster define irony as:

2 a : the use of words to express some- thing other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance.
I, however, have my own personal definition of irony - or at least a really good example of it.

I was at my local gentlemen's club the other day, having a drink and watching the show, when the woman on stage started dancing to Jermaine Stewart's 1986 hit "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off".

If a stripper dancing on stage, in nothing but a g-string, to that song isn't the greatest example of irony then I don't know what is.

Comments

darling said…
I am amused.

Personally, I would use the chicken song lol get everyone up and going.

Think that would go over well? Audience participation?
Frank Nemecek said…
OMG!!! I love the idea of you doing a strip to the Chicken song.
darling said…
I didnt see any mention of you participating in the dance :)
Frank Nemecek said…
If you're dancing, I'm participating.
darling said…
Ill remember that :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero