Weekend Recap

I’m working with the Music Hall to produce an event in January that will bring a bunch of Oscar winners and nominees to Detroit. Someone got the idea that we should have a signature cocktail for the event.

I got the assignment on Friday and promptly gathered together a crack team of expert alcoholics to test various recipes. All of them had to incorporate Faygo pop because Faygo is one of our sponsors. It was many hours of exhausting research but we finally perfected the Oscar Orange. I would tell you its ingredients, but it’s a trade secret until January 13th.

Yeah, I love my job!

After that I walked over the Kales Building in downtown Detroit where two different groups of people were having loft parties – one on the 11th floor and a second on the 3rd where we made our own gourmet pizzas from scratch. Both parties ended just in time for everyone to walk a couple of blocks to Campus Martius Park for the tree lighting.

Tree lighting a Campus Martius is something that could have come straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Very cool with a friendly crowd and great family entertainment – even for single folks like most of my friends and I.

Immediately after the tree lighting, everyone ended up at Centaur Lounge on Park. More conversations. More alcohol.

Saturday was a toss-up. I was invited to an art gallery opening and had tickets to Bablesque, which is a troupe of belly dancing superstars. But then a friend called with free tickets to the Red Wings game.

Hockey prevailed.

Unfortunately, the Wings lost 5 – 3. The worst part was the fact 3 of the Blackhawks goals were short-handed ones and the 5th was an empty net situation.

It was still fun. However, if I had known the Red Wings were going to play that badly defensively, I would have gone to Bablesque instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero