Toasting Roast

I've been wanting to try Michael Symon's new restaurant Roast ever since I met him and saw his menu. I had drinks there during the Access Detroit event, but they weren't officially open so no food at that time.

However, I took a date there last week and I have to say it was unbelievable. One of my friends from school, who relocated to Cleveland, has raved for years now about how good of a chef Michael Symon really is. I used to think she was exaggerating, but now I know that - if anything - she was underselling it.

Anyway, the atmosphere is unbelievable, the service is impeccable and the food is even better. Michael Symon is known for his meat dishes. However, if you go there, I will simply say this: no matter what you order, get a side of their macaroni and cheese.

Heck, you could just order a couple of sides of his macaroni and cheese and make a meal out of them. He makes it using goat cheese and it is really, really good.

I think this might actually be the start of a culinary war between Michael Symon and the guys from Slow's B-B-Q in Corktown over who has the best mac and cheese. (Damn, I'm getting hungry just thinking about those two places.)

Oh, and when it comes time for dessert, Michael Symon introduces a number of tempting treats with chocolate.

Most of the entrees are in the $30 range. They are a bargain for what you're getting. (Although, Mr Symon: if you read this, please don't use this post as an excuse to raise all of your prices.)

All in all, in my opinion, Roast is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion - or to celebrate an ordinary occasion with that special someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero