My Thoughts on the Fall Premieres for Monday

Today was a good day for television.

The season premiere of How I Met Your Mother was on CBS and it was legend - wait for it -ary. It was well written with the same top-notch acting that I've always expected. To top it off, the second episode of HIMYM was just as good as the first one.

I have to admit that I was irritated with the Two and A Half Men commercial that CBS kept showing during HIMYM. I was pretty much tired of that show, even before it started. Of course, once Two and A Half Men did start, I almost forgot how annoying that commercial was.

Almost.

I liked Two and A Half Men, I really did. I wasn't totally sold on how they wrote Charlie Harper's death. Regardless, I enjoyed seeing all of those cameos so much that I'm sold on the idea of Ashton Kutcher taking over Charlie Sheen's role. I look forward to the next episode.

Of course, the true hit of the evening was 2 Broke Girls. I had no intention of watching the show at all when I sat down on my couch. If my remote was a foot or so closer, I might not have seen it. However, I'm really glad that I did.

The cold open for that show was one of the best written and best delivered pieces of situation comedy that I've seen in years. The rest of the show kept it going throughout. I'm starting to fall in love with Beth BehrsKat Denning, and the rest of the cast. The writing is smart and the director pulled everything together perfectly.

I think this show has a lot of potential. I can't wait to see the next episode. In the meantime, there's a lot of cool extras on their web site.

After that, I flipped over to watch The Playboy Club. This show is good. It has a lot going on, almost a bit too much, but it has a lot of potential.

On the off-chance that the producers ever find their way to my blog, the one suggestion that I would give them would be to ditch the occasional voice over that Hugh Hefner does. With so many plots and sub-plots going on in this show, adding those voice overs simply adds one more thing into an already crowded plot line.

Ditch Hugh Hefner. Keep the focus on the club that he created.

Besides, I've read dozens of articles about how create the Playboy Club was back in the 1960s and 70s. None of them mentioned a single word about Mr. Hefner. If I want to see him, there's always The Girls Next Door. I don't need another outlet for it.

Ditch Hugh Hefner. Keep the focus on the club that he created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV