Reflecting on 8 Years with Detroit Synergy
|On the set of "Checking In"|
Everyone at Detroit Synergy seemed to love my work. They kept asking me to do more.
|Ain't No Party Like A Detroit Party|
Over the next few years, I:
- Was a part of seven more truly legendary pub crawls;
- Got to dance on the field during the Super Bowl XL Halftime Show;
- Helped the group get media coverage not only with the local news media, but with CNN, MSNBC, the BBC, and the Italian news media as well;
- Helped organize the group's Shop Detroit, which brought people from as far away as Toledo to do at least a portion of their holiday shopping in downtown Detroit;
- Worked with a variety of developers to market their residential properties; and
- Helped the group get the publicity they needed to launch new projects like Detroit Bikes, Pecha Kucha Night, and Supper Club.
|One of Detroit Synergy's Meetings|
As for me, I'm taking some time away to finish some work projects. Regardless, I will still serve as project lead for their Pecha Kucha Night and I'm sure I will find some other capacity to serve as well, just not on the Steering Team.
It's been a great 8 year voyage with Detroit Synergy. I'm thrilled with what we managed to accomplish and I look forward to seeing a lot more from my successors in the organization.