Dodging the Purple Gang

Wow! Four posts in one day. Practically a new record for me.

Anyway, as I was thinking about the zombie book in my last post, it made me think about another book that I just finished reading - "The Purple Gang: Organized Crime in Detroit" by Paul R. Kavieff.

My next novel is going to be set in Detroit's Prohibition era, when the Purple Gang were at the height of their power. They will, of course, be a fundamental part of my story so I've been researching them.

One of the books that I've just finished reading was Mr. Kavieff's. It was very informative, although his explanation as to why the St. Valentine's Day massacre happened is quite different from what I've heard elsewhere.

Anyway, it's very good and his research is excellent. If anyone else is interested in one of the most notorious group of gangsters, I recommend a look at his book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero