Presidential Pub Crawl - Revisited

Okay - not too much drinking tonight. I guess that's what happens when you don't even start until there's less than two hours before the bars close.

Anyway, since I'm awake and sober, I figured it would be a good time to post a little bit about my 35th birthday party last Saturday. Since it marked me becoming eligible to run for the White House, I decided to call it a Presidential Pub Crawl.

I walked into the first bar, The HUB, at shortly after 8:00 to find Alok and a couple of other guys waiting for me. We sat around, drank beers and watched the Tigers play.

After an hour or so, Alok and the others said that they'd have to leave soon for another party - some graduation event - and, quite frankly, I was a little nervous. No one else had shown up yet and I was afraid I'd be alone at my own birthday party when they left.

(If that's not the epitome of social disaster, I don't know what is.)

Luckily, my worries were for naught. Within fifteen minutes of that, more than a dozen folks showed up. Kim and Jen. Kurt, his wife and a couple of others that they brought along. Dave Knapp and Dave Baschal. Paul and his brother.

It was all very good.

From there we wandered over to Coaches Corner. I honestly don't remember much about that place (is that a good sign considering the drinking that was involved? I'm not sure.). The one that thing that I know I remember is that while we were there, I saw one of the commericals that I worked on. It was on their big screen TVs and it was the first time that I saw the finished project.

That was way cool. Looking up and going, "I worked on that commericial. Yeah, that one for the Michigan Credit Union League - I worked on it."

*sigh*

Oh, and it was while we were there that the Tigers finally beat the Toronto Blue Jays in the 13th inning.

From there - Jen, Kim, Dave and I decided to head over to Centre Street. More drinking and talking ensued. This was actually my first time inside of Centre Street, which was one of the reasons we went there. It's a very cool place. Trendy and upscale, but still comfortable.

By this time, it's around midnight and we decided to head over to the Detroit Beer Company. Kurt told a few other people to meet him there so they skipped the Centre Street leg of the crawl.

Still more drinking ensued. I'm pretty sure that something else really cool happened, but frankly - at this point my ability to remember details was seriously impared.

Finally, at around 1:00 a.m. or so, a handful of us headed out for the final stop for the night (and no, I don't mean my couch). We went to the Bouzouki Louge in Greektown. I would post details about our time there. However, I'll just say that we had a very good time, stayed until closing and the place is nothing like what Fodor's says it is.

LOL!

Oh, I feel sorry for some unsuspecting tourist who wanders in that one; having only read that guide.

Anyway, that's all a subject for another post. Or maybe I won't. I mean, it's not like Fodor's is sending me a paycheck. Besides, I'm curious to see how long it takes them to figure it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero