Will it never end?

Urgh!

Okay - for almost two months now I've been organizing a summit meeting for all of the various historic preservation groups in Detroit. Until last Thursday, I had been operating under the assumption that it would attract 30 - 35 people since we only had about 25 RSVPs.

I just had to close registration at 60. Everyone suddenly came pouring in at the last minute.

Frankly, my nerves are shot because of all that this entails. Trying to figure out just where to close registration. Communicating with lots of people about who should be guaranteed a seat and who shouldn't. Exploring other options for a new, larger venue (short answer: our options were nil on such short notice). Explaining to a half dozen people why are options were nil, and explaining it a half dozen times.

Urgh!

Anyway, I feel like I really should post something about my birthday part last Saturday. It was a blast it really was.

But, frankly, I really don't feel like posting. I just feel like drinking.

Too bad I can't drink and post at the same time.

Hmm...

Okay - if I post again this evening, it means that I found a bar with cheap booze, hot waitresses and wireless internet access.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero