Busy, Busy, Busy

I must apologize for not posting very many details as of late. Unfortunately, I've been way, way busy as of late.

First off, last week I was tapped to help film footage in Detroit for a documentary entitled Preserve Me A Seat that looks at historic movie palaces throughout the country. The filmmaker didn't have
enough left in his budget to send a crew to Detroit so I was one of the guys who took care of it for him.

You can read more about that project at http://igorfilms.com/media/preserve.seat.release.pdf

Second, my documentary on the Book-Cadillac Hotel has been nominated for two different awards: the Preservation Award and the Michigan History Award. I thrilled, to say the least.
http://igorfilms.com/media/award.release.pdf

Finally, for the past couple of weeks I have been organizing a Summit meeting of the various historic preservation, professional and civc organizations in the Detroit area. Our goal is to see us work together much more closely and effectively.

Coordinating the schedules and meeting the needs of almost 60 different individuals from 20 different groups has been a challenge. I'm glad that I did it because I see a lot of great things happening as a result of this meeting. However, at the same time, I'm also thrilled to have that project completed.

The event even picked up some decent press coverage from WDET-FM and

the Detroit Free Press - http://www.freep.com/news/locway/preserve24e_20050824.htm

I thrilled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero