It's Weird When My Day Comes Together

Today was a rather weird day; weird that is in little ways.

It started with me in my office at a little after 8:30 this morning. I reached for the phone and accidentally knocked over a can of Coke that I had on my desk. It promptly poured onto my computer hard drive, which sits just to my left.

The weird part is that I had Taco Bell for lunch yesterday. They gave me a huge stack of napkins when I went through the drive through and most of them were sitting on top of my computer. I didn't plan for it, but the stupidity I usually when I knock something over was mitigated by sensation of accomplishment at having the forethought to put those napkins there.

Granted, I didn't put the napkins there thinking that they would protect my computer from spilled Coke. I just dropped them there because it was a convenient place to put them. However, it only seems appropriate that a sense of stupidity at doing something by accident could be offset by a sense of accomplishment at doing something else by accident.

Anyway, a couple of hours later, the mail arrived and there was a check from one of my clients. (Thank you, Michigan Historic Preservation Network!) When you work for yourself, anytime that a check arrives it's always cause for a celebration.

I didn't have anything critical to do at the moment so I went to the bank to deposit this check. On my way back, I decided to stop off at my local Ram's Horn for lunch. As soon as I walked in, I noticed that my Mom was already seated in one of the booths, finishing her own lunch.

I walked over and we talked for a moment. Within a couple of minutes, her waitress walked by and dropped off her bill. "Here," she said slidding it to me, "I'll let you pay for this one."

And then she started walking away.

The weird thing is, I don't think she would've done this if she hadn't somehow known that I had just gotten a check. I didn't mention it, but I'm convinced that she knew about it.

Anyway, those were the weird things that happened to me today. God only knows what tomorrow has in store.

Comments

darling said…
:) I wonder what today will bring. Cheques in the mail are always great :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero