"Pirates" Sets a New Record

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End set a record for the biggest Memorial Day weekend opening ever. It raked in $142 million at the box office over the extended weekend according to Variety.

I would love to say that me mentioning the movie several times in this blog had something to do with it. However, I know better. It had much more to with the fact that a) it's an established movie franchise, and b) it has Keira Knightley. (Okay - there are some cool people in the movie besides her. That's just a bonus.)

Of course, if fellow Detroiter (and Pirates producer) Jerry Bruckmeimer wants to send me a check for pimping his movie anyway - I'd totally cash it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV