The Weekend

This evening is Bravo Bravo! - a fundraiser for the Michigan Opera Theatre and one of the coolest parties of the year. I've got a ticket and I'm meeting a bunch of people there. (Including my friend Augie who probably needs copious amounts of alchohol after learning this morning that he didn't get the job he applied for in Ferndale.)

Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day, which means that I'll be at my local comic book store as soon as they open to collect some free comics and recapture a piece of my childhood. (As a great wise man once said, "Free stuff is cool!")

Tomorrow is also Cinco de Mayo, which means that southwest Detroit will be transformed into one gigantic margarita. (Okay - before any of my friends at the Mexicantown CDC hit the "comment" link - yes, I know there are lots of things going on tomorrow that do not involve tequila and that there's more to Cinco de Mayo than simply getting drunk - it's just that I'm selective in what I pay attention to.)

I was a little worried about Sunday. I thought that might end up becoming my day for doing laundry, paying bills and generally doing all of those things that I've been postponing for quite sometime now.

Luckily, I was flipping through this week's issue of Real Detroit Weekly over dinner yesterday. It turns out that Sunday is the annual Spring Splach Sexy Lingerie Bash at Tonic.

I got to ask: Why do laundry when you can drink and watch beautiful women in lingerie?

Okay - I'm aware that I'm currently wearing my last pair of clean boxers. I probably will have to do at least one load soon.

But I can postpone the rest!

I'll talk to everyone on Monday.

Comments

darling said…
I wonder why Ottawa doesnt have days like these... Hmmmm

Happy laundry!! :)
Frank Nemecek said…
I blame Parliment for you not having days like these.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV