1,574

I use Yahoo Web Hosting for my production company's web site. One of the things that they do is give me a report of how many other sites have a link to my site.

For the longest time, that number stood at 3.

Then it went down to 2.

And then to 1.

I was mildly worried about this trend; wondering what I could do about it.

But then it jumped up to 1,574 last Wednesday.

From 1 to 1,574. Pretty much overnight.

And that number has held for a few days now.

I haven't made any changes to my site nor have I done anything in the past week that would make me unusually popular. However, Yahoo insists that 1,573 new sites have link to my site in the past week.

I have this suspicion that these numbers are screwed up. I'm just don't know in which direction their screwed up. Was Yahoo under-reporting the numbers before or are they over-reporting now?

Anyway, these are the things that the various voices in my head are wondering about this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero