Monday, August 11, 2008

1,574

I use Yahoo Web Hosting for my production company's web site. One of the things that they do is give me a report of how many other sites have a link to my site.

For the longest time, that number stood at 3.

Then it went down to 2.

And then to 1.

I was mildly worried about this trend; wondering what I could do about it.

But then it jumped up to 1,574 last Wednesday.

From 1 to 1,574. Pretty much overnight.

And that number has held for a few days now.

I haven't made any changes to my site nor have I done anything in the past week that would make me unusually popular. However, Yahoo insists that 1,573 new sites have link to my site in the past week.

I have this suspicion that these numbers are screwed up. I'm just don't know in which direction their screwed up. Was Yahoo under-reporting the numbers before or are they over-reporting now?

Anyway, these are the things that the various voices in my head are wondering about this morning.

No comments: