Wednesday, December 09, 2009

High School Me Is Happy

When I was in high school, I wanted to join the U.S. Air Force after graduation and become a pararescueman.  If a pilot gets shot down, the Air Force sends in a pararescue team to find him and bring him home.  They're part medic, part commando and all bad ass.

Unfortunately, when it came time for me to enlist, they discovered that I have a hearing loss in my left ear.  It's a very minor hearing loss that I didn't even know I had prior to my physical.  However, once it was discovered, the Air Force said "no thanks."  My career plans came to an abrupt end and the rest is history.

I hadn't really thought about it much until I found this video on YouTube that shows what it's like to be an Air Force PJ.



All I can say is that the 17 year old version of me wants to watch this video over and over again.

No comments: