"Breastaurants" Ring Up Big Profits

I was flipping through Entrepreneur the other day and noticed an article about the dramatic profits that "breastaurants" are able to bring in. These, of course, are restaurants that are inspired by the Hooter's model of good food and attractive waitresses in skimpy outfits.

Would You Like Fries With That?
I'm convinced that if someone were to open a restaurant like this in downtown Detroit and give it a sports theme, it would be huge. The place would capitalize on all of the traffic from the Detroit Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings games as well as any activity at Cobo, Hart Plaza, or elsewhere nearby.

It would be huge.

In fact, I remember a couple of years ago when Hooter's was fighting with the City of Troy (approximately 8 miles north of Detroit proper) for the right to open one of their restaurants there. Troy did not want them. When I saw the back and forth debate, I remember screaming at my television for them to forget about Troy and open downtown.

Oh, and if the place has a parking structure that offered validation with a minimum purchase, it would probably be the most profitable restaurant in the metro area.

Time to add yet another item to my "to-do" list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV