Blogathon Starts with "Domino"

Wow! I can't believe it's been an entire week since I've written anything. I swear, I'm having withdrawls or something.

Anyway, I saw Domino last Wednesday. It was a decent movie, not fantastic but decent.

The good news is that movie has Keira Knightley in it. It also has a good story line and acting.

What I detested about the film was its "MTV Grittiness" - that is a sense of grittiness that you can tell was crafted by make-up artists and set designers. It simply doesn't even come close to looking real. (Hey - I was born and raised in Detroit: I know my grittiness and it's important to me).

A part of me kept looking at everything on the set and wanting to completely redesign almost every aspect of it. The dirt. The blood spatter. Everything.

All the music really didn't do much of anything for me. I think they spent so much money on make-up, dressing the set and that freakin' MTV-style editing that they could only afford no-name musicians for the score.

Oh, well - in spite of all of that, it was still a decent movie and it has my seal of approval. It's worth shelling out a few bucks to see in the theatre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero