North Country

North Country, starring Charlize Theron, doesn't open in theaters until Friday, October 21st. However, I am so darn cool that I got to see it yesterday - more than a week ahead of everyone else.

Well, okay - it's not really that I am oh-so-cool. It really has more to do with the fact that I did some pro bono work for the folks at the Michigan Production Alliance. This was their way of thanking me.

On the whole, North Country movie was very good. I'm sure some of the cast will even pick up an Oscar nomination or two as a result of their performances.

However, there was something about the script. It's hard to describe, but at the very end - I was left wanting more; something that wasn't there.

It felt like biting into a hamburger, only to find nothing but burger and bun. No lettuce. No pickles or onions. No ketchup or mustard. Just the burger and the bun.

It's that basic sense that there wasn't anything bad about what was there, just that there should have been something else included in the package.

I don't want to go into very much detail and spoil the ending for anyone. It was a great movie overall. However, I just felt like the film should have been 5 or 10 minutes longer and added something else to the end.

Almost like they built up a fantastic story, and then decided that they were out of film or out of time and had to make a mad dash to wrap everything up quickly at the end.

I'm not even sure what it was that I would have wanted to see at the end. I just know that I walked away with this feeling that there should have been something else there; something that was missing.

Urgh!

That's my only real comment or complaint. I'm sure that Charlize Theron will pick up another nomination for her role here. A couple of the supporting characters will probably get nominated for Oscars as well.

But I doubt the script will get a nomination.

Anyway, tomorrow I have passes to see an advance screening of Domino. That should another good movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero