Dinner @ Fusia

I was at Fusia and Asian Village when they first opened. To put it mildly, I was unimpressed with the place.

I even remember being in meetings where one person after another told a horror story about the place. I quietly predicted that they would be out of business within a matter of months and felt confident in my prediction.

However, after all of that, I was eventually coaxed into attending Detroit Synergy's Supper Club last night and urged to give the place another chance. The woman who runs Supper Club for Detroit Synergy has amazing tastes so it I put my faith in her.

After my experience last night, I have to say that I was impressed. The place has made some amazing changes in a relatively short period of time and completely transformed themselves.


For starters, the service was top-notched. The staff at Fusia was knowledgeable and attentive, without hovering. This was a h-u-u-g-e improvement over their original incarnation when they hired fashion models for a large portion of their "wait staff". Being fashion models, they clearly put an emphasis on looking good over serving customers.

In addition, the original Fusia chef is no longer there. Most likely, he's currently working as a bus boy at an Applebee's in Alabama or something. The new executive chef is Shawn Mac of Twingo's fame. He completely reinvented the menu and started producing food that is just plain delicious - a delightful blend of Asian and European culinary traditions.

I will definitely be back there sometime soon. I highly recommend this place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero