RIP - Anita Kramer

Some folks have heard about this one already, but my cousin passed away over the weekend at the age of 29. She leaves a husband and two small children behind.

Her cause of death hasn't been determined, pending an autopsy. She was at a garage sale when she collapsed suddenly and was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

She and I weren't especially close. However, losing someone that young - and losing them so suddenly - is always disconcerting to say the least.

I think it's even worse since this is the second person this month that I know who has passed away suddenly. It makes me think about something that my grandmother used to say, that things like this always come in threes.

And that, in turn, had me wondering who the third person would be.

And worrying about that, in turn, made me think about a heart murmur that the doctors found when I was in the hospital this past December. My doctors concluded at the time that is was a harmless murmur and nothing to worry about. However, after my cousin passed at the age of 29 and with my this being the second unexpected death in as many weeks, I would a little worried.

In fact, it was at that moment that my cell phone slipped out of my handing, hitting a concrete floor and breaking into two pieces.

After the panic subsided, I made an appointment with the cardiologist who treated me last year - just to make sure that everything is still okay. Intellectually, I know that I'm almost certainly still fine. However, I also know that I wouldn't have been able to sleep very well until I at least made an appointment.

Anyway, Anita's funeral is Thursday. She will be missed.

Comments

Liza said…
Hey Frank;

My condolences to you and your family. I know that whatever the third might be, you will be okay. Things like this can make one obsessive about death or determined to live life to the fullest. I know you are the latter.

I'm glad you scheduled an appointment for a check-up - be well!

Big hugs, Liza
David Manson said…
Although we don't know each other, may I offer my sincere condolences for your loss.

I was actually reaching out to you in an attempt to locate an old friend and college classmate of mine, Dave Baschal. He is mentioned on your blog, and came up when I GOOGLED his name. If by any chance this is the same Dave Baschal that attended Christ College Irvine circa 1986 - 88, would you please let him know that Dave Manson is looking for him? he can reach me at dmanson@berkeleyboosters.org

Thank you so much!
Frank Nemecek said…
Hey Liza,

Thank you for the condolences!

David,

Thank you for the condolences as well. I forwarded your information along to Dave Baschal.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero