0.655 Gallons of Love

I got a Visa gift card for my birthday last August. It was nice. I used to go out to dinner and then to a movie. When I was done, there was $1.86 left on the card.

I carried this gift card around in my wallet for almost two months with only $1.86 on it, looking for a chance to spend the last of it. Unfortunately, as one might guess, there are very few things that one can buy for only $1.86 - especially if you want it use every remaining penny of it and pay for it with a credit card.

I almost decided to just throw the card away and not bother with it any more. However, I decided that the banks have had enough of a bailout. They don't need another $1.86 that they don't deserve in the first place.

Then, as I was about to fill my gas tank the other day, I had an epiphany of sorts. I could buy 0.655 gallons of gasoline, pay for it with my gift card, and thus use every remaining penny of it.

The Last of My Birthday Present
And that is exactly what I did.

Comments

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! You are my hero!!!!!
Joy said…
That is great. Do you know how many $^A$^#& gift cards I have with about that balance left on them? LOL!!!!
Frank Nemecek said…
Well, now you know what to do with them.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero