Back from the Bar

I spent most of yesterday frantically putting together a grant application package for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. There was a deadline of 5 p.m. today to have the thing in.

There's a school near me that's on the National Register of Historic Places. It's been vacant for several years and  a lot of folks in the neighborhood would like to see it transformed into a community center. This grant would've enabled us to do just that.

Then, however, as I was frantically nearing the finish line, the folks at HUD decided at 3:55 p.m. yesterday to postpone their deadline. I now have another 30 days to get it turned in.

I'm not sure, but I think this was simply HUD's way of saying, "Frank, quit stressing and go to the bar."

And so I did.

Comments

You know how to write grants? I'm impressed! Hope you had a good time. We've been having a blast here with all the weather craziness! Woohoo! Be safe!
Frank Nemecek said…
I'm learning how to write grants. The hard way.

No one else was willing to do it, so I dove in head first.

Popular posts from this blog

Hayley Williams Flashes Twitter

Bikini Hero

Pan Am - One of the Best New Shows on TV